This division aims at providing freshmen and current students with advising in all academic, educational, psychological, and social fields through:
- meeting regularly with freshmen as early as the first week of the semester in order to provide them with enough information about the University, its programs, study plans, regulations, facilities, etc;
- identify and follow up student problems and providing appropriate solutions;
- providing individual as well as group advising for students while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality;
- monitoring students’ disciplinary offences and providing appropriate solutions;
- encouraging students to continuously interact and communicate with the division in order to make the best use of the services offered.
Through the financial aid fund, AAU aims at rewarding students for their academic excellence and their involvement in extracurricular activities in addition to extending a helping hand to some students so as to enable them to finish studying due to their financial situation and their inability to bear the burden of tuition fees. Notwithstanding that, there is a list of requirements that need to be met to benefit from these grants.
Through the clinic, AAU provides students with different services including first aid for emergencies and minor cases such as measuring blood pressure and temperature in addition to notifying of any cases that require hospital attention for follow up, tests, and examination. The nurse at the clinic also coordinates with relevant organizations to arrange for various awareness lectures and programs. Furthermore, the University provides health insurance to students by means of which students can visit clinics and hospitals within the health insurance company’s network and receive required medical attention and medicine if necessary.