Goals and Objectives
The Deanship of Student Affairs seeks to achieve several goals including:
- Facilitating the progress of university students and providing them with services that enable them to practice their university life in the best way possible.
- Introducing the freshmen to the AAU facilities as well as guiding and helping them overcome the first and most difficult stage in their university life.
- Activating the role of students in decision-making through their participation in the preparation and organization of sports, cultural, artistic and social development activities.
- Refining the students’ personalities educationally, psychologically, emotionally, and socially through supporting their tastes, interests and talents.
- Organizing meetings, lectures and participating in religious and national occasions and events.
- Supervising and organizing all student extra-curricular activities whether sports, cultural, or social.
- Supporting efforts at the university level which call for an environment of physical, psychological, and social well-being.
- Strengthening the bonds of national unity and sense of belonging to the nation and culture.
- Supporting the positive values and habits in developing a new generation of university youth.
- Developing a culture of democracy, justice, equality, and respect for others in an embodiment of the idea of the student parliament.
- Establishing student associations to facilitate the participation of students in various activities.
- Preparing students for the job market by providing them with the necessary skills, offering opportunities for training and rehabilitation, and assisting them in identifying suitable jobs in their fields.
- Staying in touch with the alumni to help them find suitable job opportunities.
- Developing and expanding health programs so that they meet the needs of all students.
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork and the importance of innovation, creativity as well as adapting to the changing circumstances.
- Fostering volunteer work, social cooperation, and the spirit of public service among students.
- Realizing that both a clear vision and hard work are necessary for a better future.