Career Development Unit
The Career Development Unit and the Office of Alumni Relations are structured as part of the Community Engagement Department that falls under the Deanship of Student Affairs. The first step that the university took was hiring an Alumni Relations Officer in December 2017. The Alumni Relations Officer planned an initial plan and vision for the Office of Alumni Relations and the Career Development Unit. The suggested plan for the year 2018/2019 is as the following:
It is very vital for us to have a 360-degree view of our students from the day they are admitted to the university until they graduate and beyond. Therefore the Alumni Relations Office is committed to enhancing the quality of the students professionally prior and after their graduation.
- To facilitate the job seeking process and act as a liaison between the students and a wide range of private and public network in the workplace.
- Introducing a Career Portal on the AAU website were the students and graduates can access and directly apply to our offered jobs from future partners.
- Our team is committed to assisting our students and alumni in seeking the best career options through:
- Career Counseling
- Hosting networking driven events like annual Career Fairs
- Career planning workshops (Examples: Resume and cover writing skills, interviewing techniques, professional development, job searching, etc...)
- Training and Internships